THE AUTUMN EDIT: ZOEVA COCOA BLEND

Hi lovelies! First and foremost, I wanted to apologise for the lack of posts in the past few months. I have been through a stressful time lately, as after finishing my Msc I’ve had to decide which step I want to further take in my scientific career. Hopefully I will be starting a PhD soon, but I’ve realised that I don’t want to stop blogging as it takes my mind off of my problems and worries, and relaxes me after stressful days of work.

Autumn is a really exciting time of the year for me as I love chilly mornings, nice hot chocolates and earthy tones both in clothing and make-up items. Therefore, after having seen beauty gurus rave about it for a long time, when I saw how seasonally appropriate the Zoeva cocoa blend palette looked; I couldn’t resist myself and had to purchase it.

The cardboard packaging is sturdy and sleek, resembling a box of chocolates; and probably its only drawback is the lack of a mirror (although mirrors can easily break in cardboard containers). In any case, I think it’s perfect for travelling due to how compact it is, and let’s be honest we will always have another mirror in hand.  

With 10 delicious looking warm-coloured shadows (6 satin, 4 matte) it is the perfect match for people with yellow skin tones or warm shadow lovers. It has a nice selection of pinks, browns and golds; useful to create all types of looks, from natural to smoky. The quality of the eye shadows is exceptional; especially of the matte ones, which can be a miss in other palettes. All of them are incredibly pigmented (maybe except "Beans are White"), soft, and blend beautifully with each other; furthermore, all the colours combine perfectly so it is impossible to go wrong with any colour combo. Finally, I was also impressed by the lack of fall out on my cheeks after applying the product.

I know that my recommendation will get lost within all the others on-line, but seriously if any of you are thinking of investing in a neutral warm palette with nice pops of colour, this is THE palette to go for, not as expensive as others in the market but definitely on the same level of quality. The Zoeva cocoa blend is most definitely worth the 22 € that it costs (and many more!). 

Do you have any Zoeva products that you swear by? I would love it if you left your recommendations in the comments.

Love,
Ana
   
* * *

Hola a todos! Antes que nada me gustaría disculparme por la ausencia de posts en los últimos meses. La verdad es que he estado un pelín estresada últimamente, ya que después de acabar el máster he tenido que decidir cuál es el siguiente paso que quiero tomar en mi carrera científica. Espero poder empezar un doctorado en los próximos meses, pero me he dado cuenta de que no quiero dejar el blog, ya que me ayuda a evadirme de mis problemas y relajarme después de duros días de trabajo.

El otoño es una de las épocas del año más emocionantes para mí, ya que me encanta el frío de las mañanas y las noches, tomar chocolates calientes y las tonalidades que se ponen de moda tanto en la ropa como en el maquillaje. Por tanto, después de ver a tantas blogeras y youtubers hablar maravillas de Zoeva cocoa blend y ver lo apropiada que era para esta época del año, tuve que comprarla.

El packaging es de cartón, bastante consistente y compacto, y se asemeja a una caja de chocolates. Probablemente, su único inconveniente sea la ausencia de un espejo (aunque en realidad es fácil que los espejos se rompan cuando el envoltorio es de cartón). En cualquier caso, me parece una paleta perfecta para viajar debido a lo pequeña y apañada que es, además admitámoslo, seguro que tenemos cualquier otro espejo a mano.  

Contiene 10 sombras cálidas y de pinta deliciosa, 6 de ellas satinadas y 4 mates, por lo que es la paleta perfecta para personas con pieles de tonalidades amarillas o para cualquier amante de las sombras cálidas. Tiene una buena selección de rosas, dorados y marrones, perfectos para crear cualquier tipo de look, de natural a ahumado (tanto para día como para noche). La calidad de las sombras es excepcional, especialmente la de las sombras mate, ya que suelen ser las de peor calidad en la mayoría de paletas. Todas son increíblemente pigmentadas (quizá excepto "Beans are White"), suaves, y se difuminan estupendamente las unas con las otras. Además, los colores combinan perfectamente entre ellos, por lo que es imposible hacerlo mal a la hora de seleccionarlos para crear un look. Finalmente, también me ha impresionado el hecho de que no suele caer nada de producto sobre las mejillas.

Probablemente mi recomendación se perderá entre todas las otras que hay on-line, pero si cualquiera de vosotr@s está pensando en invertir en una paleta de colores neutros cálidos y con algún toque de color, esta es la paleta que estáis buscando; para nada tan cara como otras en el mercado y definitivamente en el mismo nivel de calidad. La paleta cocoa blend de Zoeva vale definitivamente los 22 € que cuesta (¡y muchísimos más!). 

¿Tenéis algún producto de Zoeva sin el que no podáis vivir? Me encantaría que me dejarais vuestras recomendaciones en los comentarios.

Con cariño,
Ana

All the eyeshadows were swatched once, without primer and using the fingers. From left to right: top row (Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend, Beans are White) bottom row (Pure Ganache, Substitute For Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion, Delicate Acidity). 
Las sombras se aplicaron sólo una vez, sin primer y usando los dedos. De izquierda a derecha: fila superior (Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend, Beans are White) y fila inferior (Pure Ganache, Substitute For Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion, Delicate Acidity).




Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Me encantan los tonos de esta paletaE
    Bss

    http://www.blackdressinspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son geniales! Y además combinan todos genial entre ellos!! Ah, me tienen enamoraíca perdida.

      Besos!!

      Delete
  2. that palette is so pretty! I love the colors!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 euros is such a great price for this palette! The swatches look so beautiful and I love the assortment of colors :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post!
    xx Tania
    tsarin.com

    ReplyDelete