FASHION TRENDS: FLARED ITEMS

How to style flared pants in different occasions
It seems the boho chic fashion is here to stay! Flared items are a must-have this season, and although they look amazingly flattering on models they can be tricky pieces to style.
Flared trousers are the most common and in at the moment. Plain colored, patterned, in different textures and materials, they have taken over most of our wardrobes. A common misconception is that they only suit tall people; however, if you are short or have an average height, you can wear high heels with these types of trousers to appear much taller. Shops are filled with so many of them right now that I am sure you will be able to find the right one for you.

Regardless of them being patterned, brightly colored, or suede; flared trousers will always be the statement piece of your outfit; they will attract all the attention. To reinforce that effect and prevent downplaying the essence of the item you should keep the rest of your look pretty simple. Also, I would tuck the top in and would avoid any long jackets or coats. I wore these pair of patterned flared trousers with a simple white blouse and a pair of plain burgundy boots. When it got a little bit colder I added a black fur coat.

Flared culottes are also incredibly in at the moment, but I still have not found a pair that I am happy with. Anyway, I would definitely style them the same way.

¡Parece que la tendencia boho chic ha venido para quedarse! Las piezas acampanadas son un must-have de esta temporada y aunque nos encanta como las llevan las modelos, pueden ser un poco difíciles de combinar.

Los pantalones acampanados, ya sean lisos o estampados y de cualquier tejido o material, han llegado a todos nuestros armarios; y aunque algunas veces pensemos que sólo quedan bien a las personas altas, la verdad es que a las personas de mediana y baja estatura también les pueden favorecer mucho ya que estilizan la figura cuando se llevan con zapatos de tacón. Las tiendas están llenas de este tipo de pantalones así que seguro que va a haber alguno perfecto para ti.

Independientemente del tipo de tejido o estampado, un pantalón acampanado siempre será el centro de atención de tu conjunto. Para reforzar este efecto e intentar no restarle importancia se debería mantener el resto del outfit bastante simple y poco llamativo. A mí además, para compensar, me gusta llevar la parte de arriba estrecha y por dentro del pantalón y no combinarlos con abrigos o chaquetas demasiado largas. En el conjunto que veis a continuación combiné el pantalón con una blusa blanca y unas botas lisas en color burdeos. Además añadí un abrigo de pelos para combatir el frío.

Soy consciente de que los culottes acampanados son la mayor tendencia del momento pero aún no he sido capaz de encontrar unos que me acaben de convencer; aún así, los combinaría de la misma manera.   

                              

Flared trousers are also great alternatives to dresses and skirts when it comes to dressing up for more formal occasions. For my degree graduation I couldn’t be bothered to spend time and money on a dress that I would only wear once; so I combined this pair of suede flared trousers with a plain black sleeveless shirt and a silver sash that I already had. As you can see, it looked quite chic and elegant and it didn’t require a lot of time or effort.

Los pantalones acampanados también pueden ser una gran alternativa a faldas y pantalones cuando hay que arreglarse para ocasiones más formales. Para mi graduación no quise perder tiempo ni gastar dinero comprando un vestido que sólo me hubiese puesto una vez; así que combiné estos pantalones acampanados negros de antelina con un jersey sin mangas y un fajín que ya tenía por casa. La verdad es que me parece que queda bastante chic y elegante y realmente no requiere de mucho esfuerzo o trabajo.  

 

As you can see I am a girl of neutrals, I do not tend to go all out with colors but I think investing in a bright-colored flared pant would be a great idea, as it would be useful on so many different occasions and so easy to style; by adding a plain neutral top and a pair of heels you would be good-to-go.


Como podéis ver soy una chica de neutros, no tiendo a llevar colores súper chillones a la hora de vestir; sin embargo, creo que invertir en un pantalón acampanado de color podría ser una gran idea, ya que podría ser útil en muchísimas ocasiones y súper fácil de combinar; con añadir un top neutro y un par de zapatos de tacón sería suficiente.


                     
(Imágenes propiedad de El Corte Inglés)

But it is not only flared trousers that are fashionable at the moment; also blouses’ and even dresses’ sleeves! In my opinion a flared sleeve is a little detail that adds so much to the item and can jazz up a whole outfit! As I mentioned previously, when wearing this type of pieces you want them to be the center of attention so you should keep the rest of the outfit pretty basic. In this case my sister (we share all the clothes) opted for a total black outfit: black platform boots, black jeans and black flared-sleeved blouse. I think it looks really cool!

Pero no son sólo los pantalones acampanados lo que está de moda ahora; ¡también las mangas de las blusas y los vestidos! Bajo mi punto de vista, una manga acampanada es un pequeño detalle pero aporta un toque totalmente diferente a tu conjunto. Como ya he comentado previamente, al llevar este tipo de piezas es mejor mantener el resto del look bastante simple para dejar que hablen por sí solas y no restarles protagonismo. En este caso, mi hermana (compartimos toda la ropa) optó por un conjunto total-black: botas negras de plataforma, vaqueros negros y blusa negra de manga acampanada. ¡Creo que queda genial!

                      



Unfortunately only one of the items shown in the pictures is available at the moment; so here are a few other recommendations (by clicking on the image you will be redirected to the store webpage): 

Desafortunadamente sólo una de las prendas que salen en las fotografías sigue estando disponible en tienda, así que os dejo algunas otras recomendaciones (un click en la imagen os redireccionará a la página web de la tienda): 

          https://www.elcorteingles.es/moda/A16796463-pantalon-ancho-de-mujer-green-coast-en-verde/   https://www.elcorteingles.es/moda/A16796455-pantalon-ancho-de-mujer-green-coast-en-fucsia/   https://www.elcorteingles.es/moda/A17601094-pantalon-pata-de-elefante-de-mujer-naf-naf-en-blanco/   http://eu.topshop.com/en/tseu/product/clothing-485092/stripe-slouch-trousers-5488551?bi=60&ps=20

http://www.zara.com/es/es/trf/camisas/top-drapeado-espalda-c358032p3509003.html 

I hope you liked it. Let me know if you want me to do more posts like this. 
Much love,
Ana.

Espero que os haya gustado. Decidme si queréis que haga más posts de este estilo.
Con cariño,
Ana 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

7 comments:

  1. I love wide legged trousers, especially culottes!
    Tenz
    www.shesabouthatlife.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you!! They are great and incredibly comfortable!!
      Thanks for your comment.

      Many kisses,
      Ana

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree that flared pants will always be a statement look, not too sure if I could pull them off myself though!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia! Don't be put off, I'm pretty sure they would suit you so much! Give them a try :)

      Many kisses,
      Ana

      Delete
  3. I used to have a pair of flared trousers which were just the most flattering thing I've ever owned! I think in the end the zip completely broke and I couldn't save them... I do love this look though, wish I could find my perfect pair again!

    Laura xx | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Laura, I'm sorry :( I know how it feels when you break or lose your most loved piece of clothing, but don't worry, something new and probably better will arrive soon!

      Ana XX

      Delete